Nestling at the southern end of the Pentland Hills roughly 12 miles from Edinburgh, West Linton is an attractive little village with a population of 1547 people at the last 2011 census. Almost certainly there are somewhat more residents now in 2016, given that lots of new houses have been built since then, attracting an influx of new folk. The village has a long history and there has been a settlement here for several hundred years.
More information from Wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Linton
Pictures below were shot from a cherry picker platform just above the spire of St Andrew’s church on a fairly overcast day.